Is this thing still on? It was brought to my attention that some people enjoyed this blog, more than I had previously anticipated, so I dusted it off for another adventure.
This did inevitably mean finding my editor Xavier, who had gone on some kind of 'Vision Quest" to the Canadian Rockies. Or at least that's what he said he was doing. What he actually did was hide out in a Silver Bullet trailer behind a local pub so he could get blitzed without having to manage more than a 30 yard walk home. I fished him out of from under what could in the past have been described as a blanket, but would more appropriately be called a board, that was layered with discarded hot Pocket sleeves and Capri sun pouches, some empty. I tactfully did not ask what he was using as a pillow. Some things you just don't want to know. After extracting him from his vacation home he was a quick spray with a hose and a scrub with a horse brush back to being his old cantakerous self.
He's still sleeping off the binge right now but he assures me that he'll be ready to dissect, mock, and spell check my blog posts on a more ongoing basis from now on. So if you miss his pointedly critical footnotes, rest assured you'll have plenty to see next week
-Will
No comments:
Post a Comment