Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Gross beers and Kilts: a view from the outside

          Beer has always been a complex topic for me. In terms of flavor, there are moments when I readily agree with Randall Munroe's opinion on it, but by the same token, there are beers that I have come to genuinely enjoy. Today's beer, the Kulshan du Saison, had at K2 here in Bellingham, falls very clearly in the former category, probably more so that most beers I have ever had. It was pretty gross. It coated my tongue like metal flakes and rotting green apples. 

In terms of my palate, beer generally falls into two categories:

Beer that tastes good to me;
Beer that does not taste good to me, but probably tastes good to other people;

          I make it a point to understand that things that I do not enjoy might be enjoyable to other people. Even things like Steel Reserve and 4Loko have a certain demographic that enjoys them, it just happens to not be me. However, my experience has prompted me to add a third category to my Proprietary Beer Rankings(PBR'S):

Beer that is in fact/or at least appropriately comparable to cat pee.

Kulshan, I love all the beers you have made. Just fix that one.


Additional:

          I ordered a new kilt last week since I had outgrown* my previous one and I've been wearing it to keep things fresh**. I was out less than an hour and as soon as I got home, my sister texted me that a friend had texted her that I was "Straight BAMF" after seeing me out of her car window. I had to look up that term to find out what it means because apparently I'm 67 years old and cant keep up with the street lingo.

-Will A






Editor's Notes:
* Got too fat for
** Couldn't be bothered to wash any real pants





2 comments:

  1. I associate BAMF with the sound Nightcrawler makes when he disappears so now I'm assuming you have super powers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's "Bad Ass Motherfucker" but I'm ok with either interpretation

      Delete